My Money Blog has partnered with CardRatings and Credit-Land for selected credit cards and may receive a commission. All opinions expressed are the author’s alone, and has not been provided nor approved by any of the companies mentioned.
Plynk is a stock and crypto brokerage app that targets beginner investors. Right now, new users can earn up to $50 in bonuses through their “Learn & Earn” promotion. If you already have the Plynk app, I believe you can still earn $40 in bonuses.
- Open a new Plynk account* and link a bank account and receive a $10 bonus.
- First, read the Plynk Think article “Beating inflation through investing” on the Plynk app. Then, place a trade during promo period by October 20, 2022 and Plynk will match it up to $20. Basically, place a $20 one-time trade, get matching $20 bonus.
- If you complete the above, then you are eligible for this next part. Read the article “Time in the market vs timing the market”, set up a new recurring investment and Plynk will match up to $20. Basically, place a $20 recurring trade, get another $20 bonus. You can cancel the recurring trade after the first trade, if you wish.
- Plynk will match your investment(s) in any stock, ETF, or mutual fund available in the Plynk app. However, an investment in your account’s core money market position or a cryptocurrency is not a qualifying trade. You can expect to receive the investment match in your Plynk account the week after you place your trade.
Tips from my own experience:
- The promo lessons aren’t available in their “Learn” section as you might expect 🤔, they are special for this promo. Go to the Home section of the app, and scroll down until you see “Learn & Earn” and the “Get started” button. You should find the first lesson that way. I’m not sure if you have to take the quiz to count it as “read” but I did it anyway.
- You have to wait until your cash deposit arrives before you can trade. I linked a bank account via Plaid and deposited $40+. Do the lesson, then make your one-time $20 trade. After that trade settles, you should then get access to the second promo lesson and then make the second $20 trade.
- I bought fractional shares of Berkshire Hathaway (BRK/B) because it doesn’t distribute any dividends, which makes less tax paperwork. Over time, I’ve collected a nice little stash of BRK.
- * That is my Plynk referral link. After you open a Plynk account, you can get $25 for up to 6 people you refer. Using a referral link unfortunately doesn’t give the referred anything extra, everyone just gets the same $50 bonus opportunity. Thanks if you use it!
Last updated: August 30, 2022
My Money Blog has partnered with CardRatings and Credit-Land for selected credit cards, and may receive a commission from card issuers. All opinions expressed are the author’s alone, and has not been provided nor approved by any of the companies mentioned. MyMoneyBlog.com is also a member of the Amazon Associate Program, and if you click through to Amazon and make a purchase, I may earn a small commission. Thank you for your support.