An unknown Ethereum user is sending tiny batches of ETH to numerous doxxed cryptocurrency wallets used by celebrities. The ETH was recently in contact with Tornado Cash – the Ethereum mixer sanctioned by the US Treasury Department on Monday.
- According to data from etherscan, the wallet has sent portions of 0.1 ETH to addresses belonging to Shaquille O’Neal and Jimmy Fallon. Other figures include NFT artist Beeple, Coinbase CEO Brian Armstrong, and Ben Horowitz from a16z.
- The parties receiving the tiny ETH donations may be caught in a regulatory mess, given the Treasury Department’s latest sanctions. The trade restrictions prohibit U.S. persons both at home and abroad from interacting with the mixer.
- The action is most likely being carried out by Twitter user Depression2019, who promised to send some mixed ETH to various influencers on Monday.
- His actions appear to mock the absurdity of holding accountable people who received funds sanctioned funds without soliciting them.
- The user, who calls himself a “former ETH maxi” in his bio, promised to first target those that use “.eth” in their usernames.
- “0 .eths have liked this tweet,” he joked. “You can run but you can’t hide.”